Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Know: The Music Video


Know

Today, I'm releasing the music video for my track, "Know." I've uploaded it to four different sites, Vimeo, Youtube, Facebook, and ACID Planet.  It's one of my older songs I recorded but I recently decided that I'm making videos for all of my original songs that I've recorded and there's a bunch... So I will continue posting updates as I complete them. I've already posted some of them in this blog.  I know it seems sort of strange for an artist to back track like this but I have my reasons.  The main reason, which I realized recently is I did all these songs for myself, not some popularity contest. I'd like my kid to watch them all some day and be proud of all the work his dad put into his music and creativity.  Of course, I plan on continuing with my original songs and my loop-based songs in the near future.  For now, you get music videos... There's nothing wrong with that... Maybe I'll make it into an album of music videos... So without any more delay, here's the new music video....

Know: Vimeo


Know from Jimi Peak on Vimeo.
A new music video, this time it's for the Jimi Peak Music song, "Know." I wrote the song several years ago and it perfectly represents my style... I wanted to use my roots of heavy metal but not use a distorted guitar or normal power cords... The drums and bass could be for a much heavier song but the guitar is clean, open-chorded, dissonant and it's about as cheery as I ever am... The song itself is about needed a reason to continue and knowing it in your soul, mind and body. The video is mostly from several late night outside guitar treks. I used Sony movie studio to complete it, I recorded the song a while back and it was recorded with Sony Vegas. I played the guitars, a few electric guitars, and a twelve string electric. It's accented with a synth guitar in between the first few parts. I started recording it by laying out the drums while my bass player Erik jammed his bass. I also recorded two vocal tracks. There's a few inconsistencies but the energy and key's very powerful. I love the song and I'm the only drummer I've ever heard that understood the island feel I wanted. It's a solid song, I've always enjoy playing it in front of people, and it's not a normal style for anyone... Please enjoy and share.... Thanks.


Know: Youtube



Feel free to share, comment, or watch anytime.

The Facebook posting will be under Jimi Peak Music and is scheduled to post at 9:00 am cst, 4/12/2016.  I'd appreciate any kind of support you all could show the Jimi Peak Music Facebook page...

Once again, I appreciate the support I receive. Thanks for reading, listening, watching and the support... -JIMI PEAK

1 comment:

  1. Very nice blog and articles. Nice information and I am glad I came across this blog. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete