Sunday, March 20, 2016

Jimi Peak Music: Songs Continued

Moving on with Songs

I'm ready to discuss more of the good stuff here... I've been working on one to two songs a day so, if you'd like to know more I'm discussing them from what I believe you may have missed to what's newer.

Note: My personal favorites are in the big Soundcloud player format... I have a lot of favorites... LOL

Hopeful Adventure


This song came around by accident, I was messing with reverb, delay and mixing on Acid music studio, I had like 10 different acoustic guitar loops playing, trying to figure out what I could piece together then I realized with the effects I had, all the guitars worked great together. I ended up losing that mix and had to start over, I couldn't get them to work the second time, it blew my mind... eventually I figure it out and it became this song which I still love listening to it. 



Rock Out There and Back



I decided to find out what was capable with heavy metal samples after my success with Hopeful Adventure. Most of metal guitar samples were made for fast speeds, I decided to slow it down and see how it sounded. It was chunky, dense, and sounded great. I also got a bunch of funk rock, and reggae samples and I combined it all into one fat guitar song. I love the results...



The Mystics



In the name of experiment, I messed with the keyboard, organ, and electric piano samples. It's amazing how you can blend samples into a song and it sounds meant to be.  I used 4 instruments together at all times here, electric piano, organ, bass, and drums. This song is nothing like anything I've done as a musician but it has my stamp on it... no one does music like me. It's my Jazz/ blues song and I love it...

Having a Crazy Time



There are tons of free samples available on the web, this song was born in a pack of free industrial pack... It was then when I figured out how to adjust the time signature, tempo and keys... mid-song, also how they blend together... not my best song but still very cool. 


Smoke and Mirrors



After all those experiments, I had to get back to my roots... Smoke and Mirrors was so much fun to produce. I just had to get back to guitar sounds, this song came together quickly.  I added effects to the heavy guitars, like delay, flanger and phaser, plus I have some guitar noises droning.  I love the synth bass at the beginning it's so damn heavy. The synthesizer holds the song together.  It takes many twists and turns, hence the title. The heaviest part reminds of Alice in Chains.  I'm fine with that... :)


Interlude



When I put this together I was having a rough day. The emotion of the synth at the beginning spoke to my heart. The middle of song builds from one synth to more, I love the intensity of it. It ends with guitars overs synths and I was very happy with how it turned out...
Moving Onward



The first part I put together well before the rest of this song. I then added the rock guitar and just chorused the shit out of it.  I decided to keep this song a strong rocker... I created this song as though there were two guitarists, a drummer, a bass player, and a synth player.  I usually make a plan of how many people's parts are in a song... Old habit... I enjoy the overall feel of this one and listen to it a lot... One day, I'll probably add lyrics and sing it...

Breakthrough



It came out of nowhere, I decided to go for a Tool on Lateralus kind of vibe. I added the guitar almost as an afterthought.  It was bass, synth, and drums to start. I have a droning synth in the background throughout it.  I love the dark heaviness to it, I may add more to it and lyrics but for now this is it... Good tune though.


That concludes my song post for now. The next post I'll be discussing the newest songs. Also this song concludes the album I called, "Jimi's Acid Creations." I put my songs in collections even though I just stream them... The next album is called, "Work the Music," and my wife Leslie made the cover art that one, I did the first one... 
Jimi's Acid Creation, art by Jimi Peak

Work the Music, Art by Leslie Peak

Thanks for reading, listening, watching, and returning...

No comments:

Post a Comment